Friday, February 25, 2011

A Great Find

I dropped the girls off early the other day. I HAD to get my nails done. I needed to feel human again.

I finished early and was feeling good about myself. Feeling pretty and human looking. My nail place is next to a Thrift Store. I had some time before I had to go to work.

I went in and started looking around. I looked at the shoes...nothing for either girl. I looked at pants for Baby Girl...she looks like she's waiting on a flood, and it appears that the cold weather is going to stay around for awhile...yet there was nothing that I liked/fit in my budget. I went to see if there was anything I could add to up coming Sensory Bins...again struck out. So I went to see if there were any books I could add to our collection. I am doing this Letter Themed loose version of homeschool right now and though we have a lot of books, I don't have a variety of letter in the titles...again not much.

Just as I was about to Thank God that I was able to not spend any money and leave, I saw a Daily Devotions book, for kids ages 3-6. It was in GREAT condition and it was $1.99. It was from 1997, but really God's Word is God's Word, and its cost new in 1997 was $16.99...I was so HAPPY!

And Baby Girl is really enjoyng the short one page bible reading and prayer. She even asks for it when she wakes up. Never say never, and never pass a thrift store without stopping.

Have you found any great thrifty finds lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment