Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bible Moment

While reading from the children's bible the other night with Baby Girl, I had a 'whoa' moment. We were reading the story about the children and Jesus..."let the children come to me"....well, in our watered down kiddie version...in plain words...it said that Jesus said he was not too busy for the children to come to Him....

Wow. I had to stop for a moment. How many times just this week have I said "Girls please go play Mama is too busy right now."? Wow. I had a very prayerful night over that one. Now when I start to say that I am too busy, I need to think...can I stop for a moment and read a story, play a game, get that hug...whatever it may be...

My challenge....next time I am about to say I am too busy right now...put the children first. They are the reason I stay home. They are the reason I am a mom...not the computer, the phone, the cleaning, whatever it is that is making me "too busy"...

Are you up for the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment