Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I am so Glad I Began CVSing When I Did!

The second week of CVS sales and ECB deals were way more confusing to me than the first week! If I had started this week I think I may have become a bit discouraged. I had a good time saving on milk and diapers my first week playing this game. I am going to be studying and looking and figuring so that I can LOVE CVSing this week too!

(Be sure to check out the new button on the side of my blog if you think you may want to start or continue CVSing as well...)

I studied, I asked, and I am in love!! I have a small stockpile of toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, and body wash. I am still using all my Extra Care Bucks at the end of my trip, so I haven't mastered the whole rolling Bucks from week to week....but I am still getting things we use, for less than I would have if I bought them as I needed them. Bringing home over 40 items for under $40 is an amazing feeling...especially when milk, diapers, and allergy medicine are among the item I bring home!

I had someone say to me that they don't play the Drugstore Game because the drugstores do not have things that they use. Ok, I thought this, too. In the beginning. Until I took some time, sat down with the paper, and looked. I don't wear a lot of make-up...so when there is an Extra Buck deal with make up, I just turn the page! But I use toilet paper, and can I just say that I have noticed that the name brand (bought on sale, with a coupon, and earned Extra Care Bucks) has lasted a lot longer than the cheap-o toilet paper that I use to buy when we were desperate?!

My challenge to you...locate a drug store near your house...scan their sale paper, grab some coupons, check out the internet...and jump in. Why spend more on anything than you have to??? I think you will be surprised at what you have been missing! I have name brand items in my house! Who knew?!

No comments:

Post a Comment