Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Gator's 1st Birthday!


Even with being snowed in for 6 days, we managed to pull off Gator's 1st birthday party! It was great...a lot less stressful than the last 1st birthday party I planned. I guess that is what happens when you do almost exactly the same thing!

Baby Girl helped me decorate, make and decorate the cakes. Daddy made steak strips. Mimi and Paw Paw were gracious enough to allow us to have the party at there house...good thing that was the paln all along since our driveway still had LOTS of ice on it and was still undrivable!!

Gator let her big sister open her cards and help with the presents...hopefully Baby Girl will be as nice to let her sister help in June! Gator got bunches of clothes, puzzles, toys, and of course jewelry. I think my girls have more than I do!!

I was well prepared for Gator to attack the cake and make a HUGE mess...but in true Gator fashion she did what she wanted to do...not what Mama was expecting! She didn't seem to like the texture of the icing on her fingers...she did like the taste though. I guess it is genetic...Baby Girl wouldn't even put her hands in her cake! She had to have a fork in order to eat it.




We did have one shocking moment. Gator went straight for the candle...and by candle I mean flame...good thing it got blown out right as she touched it. She didn't cry, but the pout was too cute. I hope someone caught it with the camera!

We have managed to get the gifts unpacked and seems like Baby Girl enjoys playing with Gator's toys. Maybe Gator will get a chance to play with them after sister tries them all out. At least Baby Girl is "reading" the books to Gator.

As I find some more pockets of time I will add some pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment