Monday, February 21, 2011

Adult Birthdays

Well, I celebrated my 30th birthday, again. I am willing to be 30 for awhile...I am not willing to be 31, 32, 33, 34,etc. I will turn 40 one day...I am ok with that.

Now, I am not holding onto 30 because I am sad about getting older. I by no means want to go back to the young and dumb days. I had my fun, I learned, I lived, I moved on. The only things that I want from the younger days, I have...my hubby, well and memories and friends.

So, why do I have such a hard time with birthdays? I really love birthdays. I mean I love it. I got breakfast in bed...french toast made by Daddy and Baby Girl. I got to sleep in. Daddy attended to Gator so I could sleep. I got to eat with my family at a very yummy restaurant. I got to try everyone's dessert. I got lots of leftovers, so I didn't have to cook supper. What could be better?

Anyone else struggling with birthdays...do you want to go back to a certain age?  Are you good with your age? Are you looking forward to a certain age?

Birthdays change at some point. Children look forward to their birthday as if the day will never come. Adults feel like they just finished cleaning up the mess from their last birthday and the next one has already come back around.

Until next year...when I turn 30, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment